CHELTENHAM CLAY GUILD
For Professional Clay Artists
The Cheltenham Center for the Arts has one of the most thoroughly equipped pottery studios in the area offering electric and gas kilns, as well as electric wheels in studio settings suited to both throwing and handbuilding. Shelf space, lockers and a selection of cone 05-cone 10 glazes are available to Studio Guild Members. Access to raku and pit firing kilns, and a wood fire kiln is possible. Admission is by application with resume and slides of artwork. For additional information about the Cheltenham Clay Guild and membership information, please visit the website at www.clayguild.org.
Associate Clay Guild Membership ($100 - no studio privileges)
- CCA Individual Membership and inclusion in CCA Annual Members' Exhibition
- A one month showing of your work in the CCA Display Case
- Monthly guild functions which include Information Meetings, In-Center Workshops, Field Trips and Guest Clay Artist Workshops
- An opportunity to exhibit as a Guild Member in area galleries and craft shows as periodically arranged by the Clay Guild
Studio Clay Guild Membership ($750)
Includes All of the above Associate Member privileges as well as:
- Use of the CCA clay studios outside of scheduled class times (This changes from term to term-please see most recent postings in studios)
- Access to an electric kiln for all firings up to cone 6
- Cone 10 gas kiln firings
- Locker and shelf space designated for Guild Members only
- Access to CCA Studio cone 05-cone 10 glazes
- Technical advice from CCA technicians and resident artists
- Access to raku & pit firing kiln
CHELTENHAM PRINTMAKERS GUILD
For Professional Printmakers
Our studio provides a large, air-conditioned workplace, with a high quality, 36" x 60" Charles Brand press, for the student and professional printmaker. Admission is by application with resume and slides of artwork. For membership information please visit the Cheltenham Printmakers Guild website.
Affiliate Membership (no studio privileges)- For Guild Members who are not active members, but wish to maintain an affiliation with the Guild. Dues are $60, plus an annual donation of $40 payable to the Guild.
- Copies of minutes and updates from Guild Meetings
- Inclusion on Guild website and Brochure
Active Professional Membership (no studio privileges)- Dues are $60, plus an anual donation of $40 payable to the Guild
- CCA Individual Membership benefits
- Participation in all Guild Exhibitions
- Invitation to programs, seminars and demonstrations
- Representation in Guild Brochure, and other Guild publicity
- Inclusion on the Guild website
Studio Membership ($250): Printmakers Guild dues are $250, plus an annual donation of $40, payable to the Guild.
- All of the Active Professional Membership benefits
- Use of print studio and press outside regularly scheduled class times
- Use of a locker in print studio
Artessa Alliance (New Name)
From Mother Makers to Connected Artists
Philadelphia area arts collaborative announces new name and mission under Artessa Alliance.
Cheltenham, PA, May 19, 2020—Fifteen artists, all members of the mother’s cooperative MamaCITA, the award winning local women’s artist group founded in 2006, are making the bold move of reinventing themselves as Artessa Alliance. The move reflects the evolution of themselves as artists and the organization itself. Visit their website at www.artessaalliance.org.
- Artessa Alliance is affiliated with the Cheltenham Center for the Arts and currently maintains a membership of 15-20 women.
- The cooperative has 15 years of collaborative exhibits throughout the East Coast working under the name MamaCITA.
- Artessa Alliance is a collective of women identifying visual artists.
Artists Cultural Exchange (ACX) is a non-profit organization, committed to providing artists with an opportunity to network and dedicated to improving the visibility and status of art in the community. Each year ACX offers a variety of programs open to the public and several exhibitions for members. ACX programs held at the Cheltenham Center for the Arts are free and open to the public. For membership information, please email Maxine Schwartz.
Sine Timore (see-nay ti-more-ay) is dedicated to providing a theatre arts program to students in the suburbs of Philadelphia that offers development, training, vocal instruction and lessons in auditioning, improv, acting, dance, and movement. We strive to offer opportunities to all students who love to perform, and focus on serious training and instruction. Sine Timore provides a welcoming space where students feel safe to express their creativity and be a part of a strong community team. Ultimately, the goal is to help students gain confidence, make friends, explore the arts, be their best and have a lot of fun while performing. We are proud to form an alliance with the Cheltenham Center for the Arts, and are glad to hold performances, fundraisers, and more in their wonderful space. Please follow us on social media for how you can get involved with our growing company. Facebook - Sine Timore Theatre Instagram - @sttheatre Web -